Our client needed to remortgage his Buy-to-Let property before his current fixed rate expired and automatically switched to the more expensive Standard Variable Rate.
The remortgage needed to complete after Christmas and into the New Year. The risk factor here was that law firms would be closed over the Christmas holidays.
- We found a lender who could work quickly on submitting an application. The application was reviewed, and the valuation instructed straight away
- The surveyor was able to carry out the inspection and complete their valuation report within four working days before the start of the Christmas break
- Once the lender had reviewed the report, the mortgage offer was issued the following day
- From the Decision in Principle submission, the offer was issued within 6 working days
- Once the Certificate of Title had been submitted, the mortgage application completed on the same day
Loan amount: £115,000
Rates: 1.64% on 2 year fixed